Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ode To Josh

Last week in my niece Taylor’s English class, she was given as assignment to write a poem about herself. Since she didn’t want to write about herself, she decided to write about the people in her life. Sister Michelle e-mailed me the poem that she wrote about her cousin, Josh. Josh and Taylor are six weeks apart in age. Their relationship has always gone beyond the realms of a cousin you see from time to time. They’re like brother and sister, a friend you can count on, and one of the joys of my life has been watching them grow up. I can hardly believe they’ll be 17 this summer.

Ode to Josh

Oh cousin, how I love you.
Even though you smashed your face in my cake when we were two.
Or five...

The age escapes my mind.

I love watching you run from Emma the cat...
I can always find humor in that.
Every morning you play XBOX Live in your underwear...
And it always made me feel scared.

Because you seem to think the XBOX is a whore...
Or some other cuss word that would come through my door.

I remember tent time

Oh I am so happy you were born.

Now that I have written you this ode,
Will you please tell me,
What you were to tell Bree-Bree?

No comments:

Post a Comment